PME professional diploma course, the sugar flowers module( online version)
the perfect starting point for those looking to start a sugar flowers making business from home.
During this ONLINE course, students will learn all the basic techniques of making the following sugar flowers:
Orchids( Cattleya & Cymbidium)
Cherry & Orange Blossoms,
Arum( calla) lilies,
Foliage( including rose, ivy leaves) & ornamental buds
This course is suitable for beginners and intermediate level students.
Students will be able to watch and learn how each petal, leaf and decorations are made, shaped, dried, dusted, taped together. All steps will be shown with clear visual and audio instructions, close-ups/ multiple angles footages.
Various business aspects of decorating, budget alternatives to sugar flowers, decorating cake stands & knives, costing & pricing your sugar flowers will be also covered
. For achieving a natural look, all flowers done during the course will be dusted and then taped to create floral arrangements.
The online version of the course will cover all topics included in the in-class tuition. The number of projects created and presented online will be significant increased than what we usually do during the in-class course.
The price you pay covers :
1.the tuition fee ( offline recorded video and audio educational material. tutorials, pdf's to cover of all the above-described topics)
2.the PME student kit & book( see photo attached)
3. six months of access to all printable, audio and video material ( templates, instructions and recipes for making your gum paste/ flower paste).
Outside the 1-2-1 live session ( if any purchased) students will be able to interact with the instructor throughout the course's community platform by asking questions in writing whenever they need guidance.
A phone or camera will be necessary to allow students to record and submit homework. Participating students will have to video record themselves while performing their tasks and completing the homework. No audio is necessary just video recording( we recommend the use of a free app to reduce the size of the videos when submitted).Along with the videos we will also need close up photos of the final projects. Photos should be taken using a uncluttered background.
Instructions on what to prepare as homework will be available at the end of each of the 5 chapters of the course.
Students should allow at least 10-12 hours of practice per week to help them :
- watch the instructional material made available
- exercise to improve the skills
- complete homework.
If the recommend practice time is used efficiently students should be able to submit the assignments and complete the training in 5 weeks.
* For our UK based students the delivery of the student kit and book is included in the price. Students located in Europe will have to supply their address first and have the delivery charge confirmed and agreed before booking their place.
Students interested in booking live tuition can purchase separately up to 10 hours of 1 to 1 tuition ( interacting virtual meeting on zoom). Subjects covered will have to be associated with the topic of the course ( sugar flowers arrangements, etc)
* After completing the booking students will receive a link with instructions how to use the information provided throughout the course, complete and submit assignments. They will also be able to select the dates for attending the live sessions.
*The access to the course will be granted once the booking is complete and course paid in full .
*The student kit and book will be sent out next day using the Royal mail first class service.
*Course once booked is non refundable
* There is no time limit to submit the homework. In order to receive the certificate students will have to complete and send in the recordings for all projects (homework) to the standard required.
*to complete the programme students will have to invest in some consumables( gum paste, colours, vegetable fat, glue, tape, wires) so you should expect to spend and extra £ 30-50 depending on the size and complexity of projects you will create /submit.