IN CLASS TUITION
Join the class and learn to make this beautiful elegant cake suitable for a birthday, anniversary and even for a wedding party !!
The course will run over 2 days from 9.30 am to 3 pm and students will learn how to:
- bake a vanilla sponge
- prepare and colour vanilla buttercream to be used for filling, covering and decorating the cake
- build the 7" wide 6" tall cake ( to make it ready for decorating)
- prepare and colour the gum paste needed for making the sugar flowers
- make the rosebuds and foliage
- setting the cake on the board
- coating to finish the cake making it ready for piping
- making paper piping bags
- pipe the lacework, drop lines, swags and borders
- make the filler flowers, finish the roses and set the floral arrangement
- ensemble the cake and take photos
- pack the cake for easy transport
At the end of the course, students will take home their creations.
Refreshments will be available for free throughout the day (tea, coffee and biscuits)
All ingredients, equipment and packaging needed for the class are included in the price.
Students will receive an e-booklet containing all the recipes used in class plus the price calculation and links to videos on how to make each element of the cake ( sponge, buttercream, sugar flowers) also a list of equipment needed to re-create the project.
This course is suitable for anyone, no prior culinary experience is necessary.